BAKU OIL ROCKS: Neft Dashlary is the city-type settlement and it has been included in the territory of the Khazar district of Baku. It was built near the “Black rocks” hardly seen from the Caspian Sea. This settlement, which had been located 42 km to south-east of Absheron peninsula have been built on metal piles that fixed to the bottom of the sea in a few metres of height on sea level. In Nov 7, 1949 Azerbaijani oil-industry workers for the first time in the world opened new page in own history by extracting hydrocarbons from the bottom of the sea. Very that day Caspian oil has sprung from 942 m of depths of the Neft Dashlary field. It is necessary to note that the first oil have been received early XIX (the 1798-1830th years from the Caspian (Bibi-Heybat). But industry production just had begun only in the 1925. So, in the sea depth of a few metres in Baku bay just one well was bored on wooden piles. But there was no connection of Neft Dashlary (in 110 kms from Baku) with shore. Neft Dashlary is famous as sea -miracle city. At the end of the 60-es the total length of piers fulfilling the duty of specific streets was over 200 kms. Radiotelephone communication connects Baku with Neft Dashlary. The helicopter is used for carriage of people, food-stuffs and other items. The Neft Dashlary, which has more than 2000 population, is the most east settlement of Azerbaijan. CAPITAL BOULEVARD: History of the boulevard of Baku begins with decision taken out in the 1909 at Baku city Duma. The idea boulevard belonged to an engineer of city Duma Mammad Hajınski. Arable land from outside, rare plants had been brought here from different regions of Azerbaijan, even from Europe during two years. During 1950-60-es Mirvari, Bahar cafes, summer cinema named after Samad Vurgun, Venice water town and some other rests objects have been built here in 1950-60th years in the boulevard. Presently the length of the park is 3 kilometers 750 meters. But width of the some places from coast to Neftchciler ave. is 350 and some is 500. The National Park begins from Azneft square, Palace of hand games and ends near the Sea port. The National flag of Azerbaijan gets waved in the beginning of the National Park. In Jan 10, 2008 the Seaside Boulevard Dept. has been created under the Cabinet of Ministers.History of the boulevard of Baku begins with decision taken out in the 1909 at Baku city Duma. The idea boulevard belonged to an engineer of city Duma Mammad Hajınski. Arable land from outside, rare plants had been brought here from different regions of Azerbaijan, even from Europe during two years. During 1950-60-es Mirvari, Bahar cafes, summer cinema named after Samad Vurgun, Venice water town and some other rests objects have been built here in 1950-60th years in the boulevard. Presently the length of the park is 3 kilometers 750 meters. But width of the some places from coast to Neftchciler ave. is 350 and some is 500. The National Park begins from Azneft square, Palace of hand games and ends near the Sea port. The National flag of Azerbaijan gets waved in the beginning of the National Park. In Jan 10, 2008 the Seaside Boulevard Dept. has been created under the Cabinet of Ministers. HEYDAR ALIYEV CENTRE: Heydar Aliyev Centre is the modern cultural centre built in Baku. In the structure of the center, one of the rare pearls of the world architecture, the architecture coloring of Baku has been taken into account with exactness. Its architect is the world well-known architect from the Great Britain Mrs Zaha Hadid. The Complex is located in Heydar Aliyev Avenue. Its construction has begun in 2007. The architecture monument was completed and inaugurated on 10th of May of 2012. Total area of the centre is 15.25 hectares. Its 2 hectares were allotted for main building and other buildings, 13.25 hectares for landscape. Heydar Aliyev Center consists of three basic structures being located in one area and linked with each other. General centre of complex is 57 thousand square meters. The structure have been included the museum, cultural heritage with 10.854 square meters of area, conference hall for 985 persons, multifunctional hall of 27.880 squares meters, library and media centre with 12.920 squares meters of area. The total usable are makes 6.039.square meters. MUSEUM OF NATIONAL FLAG: One of the highest flag of the world is Azerbaijani flag fluttering in the square of the National Flag in Baku. Organization of the world records Guinness has affirmed in May 29, 2010 that the highest flag pillar of the world is state flag of Azerbaijan. The National Emblem of Republic of Azerbaijan, the text of the National Anthem and the Map of the country, which were installed at square, have been prepared from bronze in gilded water. Museum of the National flag has been created in the square, too. Foundation of the square of the National flag has been laid at Bayil settlement of Baku in Dec 30, 2007 near to Naval Base. Azenko company of Azerbaijan had executed the project prepared by Trident Support company of the United States of America. The height of the constructed pillar is 162, the diameter of the foundations is 3,2, the diameter of the top of the foundation is 1,09 meters. Total weight of the device is 220 tons. The width of the flag is 35 meter, the length is 70 meters, the total area is 2450 sq.meters, and the mass is approximately is 350 kg. The weight of the flag increases twice in wet conditions. About 28 millions river rocks brought from many regions of the country were used in the construction of the wall of the pedestal of the pillar at which the tricolor flag flutters and the walls of the castle were created symbolically at surroundings of the flag. Inauguration of square of the National flag and solemn hoisting of the National flag had been implemented in September 1, 2010. 10 millions manat had been allocated to the Baku City Executive Authority from Presidential Fund included in the state budget of Republic of Azerbaijan for 2009 for purposes of construction-installation and accomplishment works in the square of National flag located in Baku city. AZERBAIJAN CARPET MUSEUM: Azerbaijan Carpet Museum displays Azerbaijani carpets and rug items of various weaving techniques and materials from various periods. It is named after Latif Karimov and has the largest collection of Azerbaijani carpets in the world. It is due to move to a brand new building on the Baku’s seafront park during 2014 from its current location in the museum centre on Neftchiler Avenue. The museum was established in 1967 and was initially located in the Juma Mosque in Icheri Sheher. The mosque was built in the 15th century and then renovated in the 19th century. Its first exhibition was held in 1972. In 1992, after the collapse of USSR, the museum was moved to the second floor of what is now the Baku Museum Center, a building that had originally been the Lenin museum. The collection was named in honour of the carpet designer Latif Karimov. Plans to move the collection to a new purpose built venue have been afoot since 2010 when Azerbaijani carpets were proclaimed “a Masterpiece of Intangible Heritage” by UNESCO. The new building was due to open in late 2012  and was visited by President Ilham Aliyev in September 2013, but as of March 2014 the new building had not yet officially opened its doors to the public. In April 2014 the museum was renamed Azerbaijan Carpet Museum dropping its much longer official title.The collection of the museum includes over 10,000 items of ceramics, metal works of 14th century, jewellery from the Bronze Age, carpets and carpet items from 17th-20th centuries, national garments and embroidery, and applied art works of modern age. The museum organizes public lectures, study courses on carpets and applied arts. It has a book store selling books on Azerbaijani crafts and carpet art. The museum also holds a permanent collection from the Shusha Museum of History, from the city of Shusha, looted after occupation by Armenian troops in 1992. Part of the exhibited items of the Shusha museum were saved when the director of the museum moved out 600 carpets before occupation. They are now displayed at the museum in an exhibition titled “Burned Culture”. TORGOVAYA STREET AND FOUNTAIN SQUARE: Torgovaya street – as it is known among the Baku residents, is the most popular street in Baku. The capital’s visiting guests are frequent visitors as well.The name “Torgovaya” is just the name of the center of Baku spread by word of mouth for decades. Officially, the street is the Nizami street (named after Azerbaijani poet and thinker of the XII century Nizami Ganjavi). As for Torgovaya – the street was called that since the middle of the XIX century, due to the favorable location and an abundance of shops there.Torgovaya is connected with the Fountain Square, which was a long history as well. Back in early XIX century it was called the Square. After numerous changes in 2010, the place became what it is today. LITERATURE MUSEUM NAMED AFTER NIZAMI (1860): The building of the Museum of Literature named after Nizami (formerly Metropol hotel) was built in the style of Gothic architecture on the Project of Mashadi Gasymbay Hajibababayov. In 1914- 15 years after the architect A.A.Nikitin made a number of changes in the project of building the Metropol hotel operated here. TAZABEY BATH (1886): Tazabey bath architectural building is located in the center of Baku. Bathroom is distinguished with eastern architecture and interior. Tazabey bath meeting the highest standards of taste is one of the health centers in the capital, which is considered as one of the favourite leisure places of city guests. MUSEUM OF ART (1888-1895): The building of the Museum of Fine Arts named after Rustam Mustafayev was built German engineer N.A. von der Nonne for French duke Debur in classical style. In the spectacular architectural monument, the Museum of Fine Arts, which consists of four sections, functions there. HISTORY MUSEUM OF AZERBAIJAN (1895-1901): This building in which the Azerbaijan History Museum was located was the home of famous philanthropist Haji Zeynalabdin Tagiyev. The building was built under the project of chief architect of Baku city V. Goslavski.During the construction of the building a variety of architectural styles had been used. Thus, the symmetric form of the magnificent facade was in Italian renaissance style, cleaning room in French rococo, dining room in Flemish Baroque, bedroom in modern style. BAKU LUTHERAN CHURCH (1896-1899): Baku Lutheran Church was built in middle of the nineteenth century for religious worship of the German and the Swedish-born people living in Baku at that time.. This building that was architected by 24-year-old German architect Adolf Eichlerthat was one of the pearls of the city\'s most unique architecture. At that time, the Nobel brothers (Emmanuel Nobel) had special attention on the construction of the building. TAGIYEV’S GIRLS SCHOOL (1898-1901): The project of Tagiyev’s girls’ school building was the work of chief architect of the city in 1892-1904 I. V. Goslavskı. The building was constructed in Gothic style. At that time such a school was not only in Russia, but in the whole Islamic world. On November 5, 1896 the building was officially given for a school of girls.In 1918-1920 Parliament of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic was located in this building. MITROFANOV’S HOUSE (1898-1902): The owners of the building known as the House of Mitrofanov were Dmitri Mitrofanov and Moses Mikhailov, oil industrialists. D.Mitrofanov from Astarkhan built this building as a private home. The architect of the building was Ioan Edel and French, built in the classic style of French neo-renaissance. During the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic the Embassy of France was located here BAKU CITY EXECUTIVE POWER BUILDING (1900-1904): The architect of the building of the Baku City Executive Power Polish origin .V.Goslavsky had used Baroque motifs in the construction of the building.To decorate the facade of the building, red-colored decorative brick and marble was imported from Italy.With adherence to classical composition scheme the architect symmetrically constructed building of the Duma. The arms of the Baku city have been preserved until now on the building. TAZAPIR MOSQUE (1905): Tazapir mosque is a building in the East, which has a unique beauty. This monument is considered a religious center not only in Azerbaijan but all the Caucasus. Tazapir mosque is sanctuary like architectural monument. The mosque was built on money of Nabat Ashurbeyli-Rzayeva with project of Ziverbey Ahmedbeyov.. ISMAILIYYE (1907-1913): Ismailiyye building was built by Baku millionaire Musa Nagiyev in memory of his son died at young age. The designer of the palace built in Venice Gottic style was Polish I.K. Ploshko. The idea of independence of Azerbaijan was for the first time sounded in this building. In March 1918 events the building was burnt down by the Armenians AZERBAIJAN STATE PUPPET THEATRE (1910): Azerbaijan State Puppet Theatre was built in Baroque-style. The architect of this historic building was K.Ploshko. Ventilation system for the first time in a public place was used in this building in Baku. The building was built as a cinema and began to operate under the name of Phenomenon cinematography. It was given to Puppet Theatre in 1980. ACADEMIC OPERA AND BALLET THEATRE (1910-1911): Academic Opera and Ballet Theatre was designed by N.G. Bayev. Millionaire Mayilov built this building specifically for opera and theatre. The building was built in the Gothic style for a period of ten months and the theatre named at Mayilov brothers. Since 1959, the building was named as Academic Opera and Ballet Theatre. AZERBAIJAN STATE PHILARMONY (1910-1912): The building of the Azerbaijan State Philharmony was built as a project building of social gatherings (Public gatherings summer house). The architectural design of the building was done as the famous casino in Monte Carlo. THE PALACE OF WEDDING (1911-1912): Wedding Palace (Murtuza Mukhtarov’s House) is a palace built for wife of millionaire Murtuza Mukhtarov, Lisa of a Jewish origin. The Project author of the Palace built in French Gothic style is the Polish-born architect Joseph Ploshko. So far, only in the Russian press 50 materials about the history of the building have been published. ISA BEY HAJINSKI’S HOUSE (1912): Isa Bey Hajınski’s house was built within 3 months in a bet with one of the millionaires of Baku. Unknown famous Italian architect built the building in Gothic, Baroque and modern styles. This is the first high-rise building in the classical style in Baku. Baku Commercial School was built with the Project of the architect G.M.Tert-Mikelov. The technical, commercial, financial, and so sciences were taught. This building now operates as an educational institution. THE MUSEUM CENTER (1960): The building of Museum center was constructed on the basis of the project of architect Hasan Majidov. This building is located in the following museums: - Azerbaijan State Museum of Carpet and Folk Applied Art - Azerbaijan State Museum of Theatre named after J.Jabbarly. - Azerbaijan Museum of Independence - Azerbaijan State Museum of History of Religion HEYDAR ALIYEV PALACE (1972): The architects of the palace, built in the modern architectural structure were Vadim Shulqin, Eduard Melkhisedekov, Vitali Faynstein. The Palace is designed for holding highest state and cultural activities. Since March 10, 2004 the palace was named as Heydar Aliyev Palace. GULUSTAN PALACE (1979-1980): Gulistan Palace was built in a modern style. This building combines exact geometric silhouette, original, well-remembered, functional aesthetic influence and its architects are Nazim Amirkhanov and Hafiz Hajibeyov. The architects using the motivation of traditional architecture of Azerbaijan creatively could achieve the building’s effect, light and shadow effect NIZAMI CINEMA CENTER (1930-1934): Nizami cinema was built in the classical style. The architects of the building were S.Dadashov and Mikhail Huseynov. It is largest cinema system in Baku city. The first time this center of art operated under the name Badaye cinema. BAKU ACADEMY OF MUSIC (1885): The foundation of Baku Music Academy named after U.Hajibeyli was built in the classical style. The building was later renovated by the architect Mikhail Huseynov. PRESIDENTIAL PALACE (1977-1986): Presidential Palace is a building constructed in modern style with marble and granite covers and is of twelve storeyed. Modern style building was built under design of Fuad Orujov (project manager), Tahir Allahverdiyev (architect) and Madat Khalafov (designer). The main architectural feature of the Presidential Palace is simplicity and grandeur. AZERBAIJAN NATIONAL LIBRARY NAMED AFTER M.F.AKHUNDOV (1961): The building was built in the synthesis of modern and classic style. Architectural design of the building as a historical monument was provided by Mikhail Huseynov . The building was built specially as the National Library building. The building is known as the largest library in the Caucasus. AZERBAIJAN STATE YOUNG SPECTATORS THEATER (1969) The building was constructed in 1969 and, in 1988 it was re-established in accordance with the project of architect Senan Salamzade. Facade of the building is covered with spider type glass. AZERBAIJAN STATE MUSICAL COMEDY THEATRE (1883) Haji Zeynalabdin Tagiyev built this building on the bases of his grain storage. Construction was headed by engineer-architect Lemkul. The building was burnt down a few times. Academic National Drama Theatre functioned in this building from 17 January 1922 until August 1960. Among the people it is known as City Theater. LANDMARK-BAKU (1909) The building of Landmark-Baku is located in Baku at the intersection of Azadliq Avenue and Nizami street. The building was built in 1909 in classical style. UNIVERSITY OF ECONOMICS (beginning of XX century) The building was formerly Baku I Realniy School’s building. It was built by millionaire Musa Nagiyev. At present, the building is the main building of the Azerbaijan State Economic University. The building was built in the classical style has been repaired several times. OIL COMPANY BUILDING (1893): The building of State Oil Company is among the oldest buildings in the city of Baku, and it attracts special attention with its grandeur and beauty. Building Project on was approved on May 25, 1893. The facade of the French Renaissance style was faced to the western side of the coast. The building built towards Azneft square and consisted of comfortable apartments was of great importance built in the design of the city. NATIONAL ACADEMY OF SCIENCES (60th years of XX century): Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences and a large part of its research institutes in the 60s of the last century , was built by the project of architect Mikhail Huseynov. It combines modern architectural style of the classic architectural features. AZERBAIJAN STATE ACADEMIC NATIONAL DRAMA THEATRE (1960): Azerbaijan State Academic National Drama Theatre was built in classic and modern styles. The building was built as a theater building.